In this course you will initially learn about cardiac physiology, anatomy and the principles of electrocardiography. In the second part of the course you will learn all about the normal ECG, normal variants and diagnosis of pathological findings. A total of 8 lessons will guide you through all the waves, intervals and durations, including the PR interval, QRS complex, ST segment, J point, J 60 point, T-wave, QT interval and the electrical axis of the heart. Currently, the third part of the course consists of an ECG quiz (test). Please note that the contents of this course is expanding, such that new video lessons and ECG tests are added continuously. Doctors, nurses, paramedics, assistant nurses, students and other professionals can take this course to acquire solid ECG interpretation skills. No prior knowledge is required. The course is detailed, yet easy and will guide you through all clinically relevant topics. This course is a complement to our online ECG book and it is included in the membership (click here to register).
This course is accompanied by our online ECG book, which you can find in the main menu.
- INTRODUCTION TO ECG INTERPRETATION
- THE ECG: NORMAL FINDINGS, NORMAL VARIANTS & PATHOLOGY
- Approach to ECG Interpretation, Assessment of Rhythm and the P-wave
- The PR Interval & PR segment
- The QRS Complex: Q-wave, R-wave, S-wave, R-wave progression
- The ST segment: J-point, J-60 point, ST depression, ST elevation
- The T-wave: T-wave inversions, hyperacute T-waves, large T-waves, flat T-waves
- The QT and QTc Interval
- The Electrical Axis of the Heart