Welcome to the ECG interpretation course. This course is developed by experts in the field of cardiology and cardiovascular research. The course is for all healthcare professionals who need to interpret electrocardiograms (ECG).
Target audience and required prior knowledge
Doctors, nurses, paramedics, assistant nurses, students and other professionals can take this course to acquire solid ECG interpretation skills. No prior knowledge is required. The course is detailed, yet easy and will guide the participant through all clinically relevant topics. The course material includes video lectures, a complete e-book, clinical cases, quizzes and much more.
Aim of the course
After this course you will be able to determine whether the waveforms on the ECG are normal, and whether the rhythm is normal. You will also be able to differentiate between various pathological ECG changes.
Course examination: ECG quiz
The course includes a test (ECG quiz) which can be used to practice clinical ECG interpretation.
- Overview of the ECG Waves, Deflections and Intervals
- Approach to ECG Interpretation, Assessment of Rhythm and the P-wave
- The PR Interval
- The QRS Complex: Q-wave, R-wave, S-wave, R-wave progression
- The Electrical Axis of the Heart
- The ST segment: J-point, J-60 point, ST depression, ST elevation
- The T-wave: T-wave inversions, hyperacute T-waves, large T-waves, flat T-waves
- The QT and QTc Interval